Careers at Mission Achievement and SuccessAt MAS, we believe that the number one factor in student achievement is staff quality, and finding, developing, recognizing, and retaining great educators is the key to the success of our students and our school as a whole. We aim to recruit the best education staff from around the country, provide them with outstanding professional development, and create opportunities that will inspire and support them in their careers.
- Passion for serving students
- Impeccable professional values and work ethic
- Humility and receptiveness to feedback
- Team player and continuous lifelong learner
- Relentless focus on achievement and a willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure student success
Application and Hiring ProcessWhile the specific timeline of the hiring process varies by position, here's a general overview of the process.
Apply: We accept application materials on a rolling basis as we are continually recruiting high-quality staff for all positions, both instructional and non-instructional. Completed application materials can be sent to [email protected] with the position you are applying for identified in the subject line of the email. A complete application consists of the following:
- A current resume included as an email attachment
- A current cover letter included as an email attachment
- Responses to the following questions posted in the body of the email:
- What do you believe are the most important contributors of student achievement?
- Please rate your organizational skills on a scale of 1-10 and explain why you rated yourself in this manner.
- How do you assess your effectiveness as a teacher? Provide concrete examples.
- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your classroom management skills and why?
- On a scale of 1-10, please rate your understanding and usage of standards for your content area, and explain in detail, why you rated yourself in this manner.
- Do you hold a valid NM or another state teaching certification? If yes, please indicate the state and your certification area(s).
Second/Final Interview: If you are selected for a second/final interview, you will begin by observing at least one MAS classroom in the content area in which you are applying. After this classroom observation, you will meet with a team of MAS staff which may include the Principal/Executive Director, Assistant Principal, content area teachers in the content area you are applying, grade level teachers for the grade level you are applying, instructional coach(es), and MAS students.
Reference Check: If you are considered as a finalist for a position, you may be asked to submit the names of three references. A member of our recruitment team will contact your references, but you will be notified before contact is made with any of your references.