MAS Sports Center
Downloadable Physical Form
ASCL Code of Conduct
How can I join a team?
Opportunities for sports sign up occur throughout the school year, depending on the season. Sign ups occur during student weekly grade level huddles. Communication for sign ups is also sent out to parents prior to the start of each season. Once students join a sports team they must maintain a 2.0 GPA and follow the Albuquerque Charter School League handbook and school related policies and procedures.
How does practice work?
At the end of the school day, students will be dismissed to their respective after-school room with their coach, where they will sit down for the after-school dinner. After that, they'll move to their designated practice location to begin practice. Most practices will end by 6:00 pm so that parents with other students in the after-school program can pick up all of their children at the same time.
What should I bring to practice?
Depending on the activity, students should plan to bring comfortable athletic clothing that is appropriate for the sport and the weather. They should also wear appropriate athletic shoes and bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated.
What if I miss practice?
Coaches will share their practice attendance policies with their teams during their first team meeting. These policies may vary from sport to sport, but some teams may require attendance at practice in order to play in team games to avoid injuries.
When and where are games?
Once team rosters have been established and sports calendars have been set, we will update this page with more links to game schedules. We will also communicate scheduled game times and locations with families through automated phone messaging system. Students are responsible for their transportation to away games as MAS does not have activity buses for sports or other extracurricular activities.
Our Sports Program
MAS offers a variety of sports activities for students in grades 5-12. The following are
some of our offerings:
some of our offerings:
- Co-Ed Cheer/Dance Team (Grades 5-12)
- Co-Ed Cross Country (Grades 5-12)
- Middle School Co-Ed Flag Football (Grades 6-8)
- Middle School Co-Ed Soccer (Grades 6-8)
- High School Co-Ed Soccer (Grades 9-12)
- Co-Ed Track and Field (Grades 5-12)
- Middle School Girls' Basketball (Grades 6-8)
- Middle School Boys' Basketball (Grades 6-8)
- High School Girls' and Boys' Basketball (Grades 9-12)
- Middle School Girls' Volleyball (Grades 6-8)
- Middle School Boys' Volleyball (Grades 6-8)
- High School Girls' Volleyball (Grades 9-12)
- High School Boys' Volleyball (Grades 9-12)
For more information about our athletic offerings, please contact our Athletic Director, Tre Haynes at [email protected].